Occupational Safety, Health and Wellness 4/e eBook
This product is the eBook version of the print textbook: Occupational Safety, Health, and Wellness 4th Edition.
This text is all NEW and meets the Fire and Emergency Services Higher Education (FESHE) learning outcomes and lesson outlines for the associates course, Occupational Safety and Health for Emergency Responders.
Fire and emergency responder safety is a primary responsibility of all emergency services organizations and responders. This manual provides guidance to achieve the requirements of NFPA® 1500, Standard on Fire Department Occupational Safety and Health Program. The content is a guide to a comprehensive occupational safety, health, and wellness program in a fire and emergency response organization.
This text includes how to:
- Implement and manage occupational safety and health program
- Motivate the fire and emergency services organizations to prioritize safety and health
- Establish safety and health objectives for the organization
- Ensure a safe and healthy work environment in emergency and nonemergency activities
- The chapters are correlated to the FESHE outcomes
- Up to date health, safety, and wellness standards and statistics
- Content is concise and easy-to-follow
- Research citations and endnotes are included
Safety and Health topics in the manual include the following:
- Risks, hazards, and managing risk
- Creating a safety culture
- Physical fitness, wellness, and health considerations
- Training safety
- Apparatus and emergency vehicle safety
- Tool and equipment safety, maintenance, and operation
- Personal protective equipment selection, care, and use
- Emergency scene safety
- Facility safety
- Safety program establishment and implementation
IFSTA eBooks include features to enhance learning:
- Downloadable for use while offline.
- Fully searchable text.
- Accessible from up to 2 computers and 2 mobile devices.
- Bookmarked Table of Contents allows quick access to the content.
- Print-fidelity ensures compatibility with the print version, and student support products.
- Notes, highlights, and bookmarks are stored in the cloud for access on multiple devices.
- Copy and print up to 20% of an IFSTA eBook.
Upon purchase you will receive an activation code. Once your activation code has been consumed the eBook cannot be returned for a refund.