NFPA 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications 2019 ed.
Updates in NFPA 1001 -- including new JPRs -- help you ensure that fire fighters are ready to meet current job challenges safely and effectively.
NFPA 1001, Standard for Fire Fighter Professional Qualifications identifies the minimum job performance requirements for career and volunteer fire fighters whose duties are primarily structural in nature. Provisions address entrance requirements, Fire Fighter I, and Fire Fighter II.
Revisions make the standard more relevant to today’s field. This edition:
- Consolidates general requirements for fire fighters into one chapter
- Adds a new chapter recognizing the role of fire fighters in providing emergency medical services at various levels
- Defines and requires the concept of "field reduction of contaminants" to address chronic exposure to carcinogens
- Adds defining language and a Job Performance Requirement (JPR) for the behavioral health challenges faced by fire fighters -- including recognition of "critical incident stress"
Annex information helps department leaders and trainers understand and apply requirements.
- A new matrix provides a comprehensive overview of JPRs.
- A new annex section recognizes the 16 Firefighter Life Safety Initiatives of the National Fallen Firefighters Foundation.
NFPA 1001 is a field essential to help ensure fire fighters are up to the serious challenges they face every day on the job.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover