NFPA 105, Standard for Smoke Door Assemblies and Other Opening Protectives 2019 ed.
Consult NFPA 105 for the latest coverage of smoke door assembly performance and major updates on provisions for smoke dampers.
NFPA 105, Standard for Smoke Door Assemblies and Other Opening Protectives gives designers, engineers, installers, and contractors the most comprehensive requirements for the performance of required smoke door assemblies and other opening protectives, such as smoke dampers that are intended to limit the spread of smoke.
Recent changes focus primarily on the provisions for smoke dampers. The 2019 edition of NFPA 105 includes:
- A mandate that smoke damper manufacturer's installation and maintenance instructions be maintained on-site for new smoke damper installations
- A new remote inspection method for the inspection, testing, and maintenance of smoke dampers
- A new requirement that clarifies application of inspection requirements for single inaccessible dampers
- New requirements updating the process for smoke damper acceptance testing
- Added Chapter 9 and a new definition defining a new opening protective that applies to smoke-protective curtain assemblies for hoistways
Smoke kills people and damages buildings during a fire. NFPA 105 helps installers, engineers, facility managers, and AHJs verify that smoke doors and other opening protectives are properly maintained and ready to do their job to help protect people and property from deadly smoke hazards. Stay up to date and up to code
8 1/2" x 11", softcover