NFPA 1192: Standard on Recreational Vehicles 2018 ed.
NFPA 1192: Standard on Recreational Vehicles NFPA1192-2018
is updated and improved for current fire and life safety issues and inspections.
Reduce risks to life and property in RVs. With unique characteristics of size and use, recreational vehicles require a distinct set of fire and life safety criteria to guard against the hazards of fire and explosions. Reference the 2018 edition of NFPA 1192: Standard on Recreational Vehicles for comprehensive provisions on egress requirements, fire detection requirements, carbon monoxide detection requirements, as well as the locations and types of fire extinguishers. NFPA 1192 also addresses the correct installation of plumbing, fuel-burning, electrical, and other safety-related systems.
Added requirements in this edition impact RV manufacturers, inspectors, and fire protection engineers:
- A new requirement allows the use of registers or grills made of wood and modifications to the size of means of egress for recreational vehicles that cannot provide a height of 48 inches.
- Clarified fire extinguisher requirements address special transportation areas.
- New requirements on lofts address stairway configuration, handrails, and guardrails.
- New requirements are added for retaining in place potable water and waste holding tanks
- New requirements cover for axle, tire, and wheel assembly for towable recreational vehicles.
Staying up-to-code with the NFPA 1192 is essential to provide fire-safe and compliant recreational vehicles.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover