NFPA 1402: Guide to Building Fire Service Training Centers 2012 ed.
Design and construct state-of-the-art fire service training centers for safety and effectiveness guided by NFPA 1402.
Fully updated and revised for today's field, NFPA 1402: Guide to Building Fire Service Training Centers addresses the design and construction of facilities for fire training, including:
- Administration and support facilities
- Drill towers
- Burn buildings
- Smoke buildings
- Facilities for outside simulations
Changes in this edition include:
- Revised Chapter 7: Designing Facilities provides added guidance on information gathering and decision-making for facility planners, designers, and owners.
- Chapter 10: Live Fire Training Structures is reorganized and rewritten for easier use.
- Clarification on flashover simulators -- containers used for training
- Added specific guidance on systems used for gas props
- Updated mock-up figures for aircraft fire suppression and rescue fire training
NFPA 1402 provides essential guidance for the planning of the main components of a training center necessary to accomplish general fire fighter training effectively, efficiently, and safely.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover