NFPA 1981: Standard on Open-Circuit Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) for Emergency Services 2013 ed.
Reg. Price $52.00 You Save $27.00
The 2013 edition of NFPA 1981
helps you ensure adequate protection for SCBA users!
NFPA 1981: Standard on Open-Circuit Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA) for Emergency Services establishes the minimum respiratory protection and functional requirements for SCBA used by emergency services personnel.
The Standard applies to SCBA used during fire fighting, rescue, hazardous materials, terrorist incident, and similar operations where responders may encounter:
- Confined spaces
- Atmospheres that are unknown
- Atmospheres that are or could become Immediate Dangerous to Life and Health (IDLH)
- Atmospheres that are or could become oxygen deficient
Significant changes in the 2013 NFPA 1981 include:
- New performance and test requirements for Emergency Breathing Safety Systems (EBSS)
- Addition of the Speech Transmission Index (STI) method for measuring speech intelligibility
- New lens radiant heat resistance performance requirements and test method
- New convection lens heat and flame resistance performance requirements and test method
Get up-to-speed on SCBA rules that safeguard the lives of first responders.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover