NFPA 30: Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code 2024 ed.
NFPA 30, Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code, offers comprehensive requirements for safeguarding against related fire and explosion hazards. Content covers vital safety criteria for indoor and outdoor liquid storage containers and tanks, hazardous material storage lockers, tank vehicles, piping systems, electrical systems, storage areas, wharves, and processing facilities.
The major changes in the 2024 edition include:
- Removal of unstable liquid requirements throughout the code and referral to NFPA 400 Hazardous Materials Code for these requirements.
- New Annex added on rationale for the 2021 edition nomenclature change to ignitable liquid
- Base requirements have been established in Chapter 6 for drainage, containment and spill control, as well as explosion control.
- Static electricity requirements have been revised throughout the code.
- A new section and extensive annex on fire protection for processing facilities has been added, as well as an annex on emergency control systems.
- Flammable liquid storage cabinet operation requirements have been added.
- Flame mitigation devices are now required on flammable liquid safety cans to align with UL/ULC 30
- Metal containers sizes have been increased to accommodate European containers.
- New requirements for storing distilled spirits in barrels have been added.
- Listing (or approval) requirements have been added for overfill protection devices and pressure vacuum vent devices.
- A new annex for evaluating tank spacing in light of thermal radiation modeling has been added.
- A new chapter on petroleum production tanks has been added.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover