NFPA 30B, Code for the Manufacture and Storage of Aerosol Products 2019 ed.
Flammable aerosol products present a severe and unique fire challenge. Better mitigate risks with the updated and expanded NFPA 30B.
Help maximize fire and explosion prevention and control by following the up-to-date rules in NFPA 30B, Code for the Manufacture and Storage of Aerosol Products. Comprehensive requirements in this specialized document address manufacture, storage, and display.
Keep pace with current fire protection strategies for:
- Manufacturing facilities
- Warehouses and storage areas
- Mercantile occupancies
- Operations and maintenance
The 2019 edition of NFPA 30B introduces a new category of aerosol products, along with new definitions and important clarifications. Updates include:
- A revised definition for aerosol product that includes propellant-only products -- an important distinction
- A first-time category of aerosol products titled Plastic Aerosol X
- Added criteria that reflect TIA 15-1 on aerosol product laboratories
- Modified fire protection tables that clarify the application of ceiling-only protection
- Clarified provisions for in-rack sprinklers in solid shelves
- Newly developed fire protection criteria for Plastic Aerosol 3 products that reflect TIA 1369. These new products represent a fire hazard not covered by the previous edition of the Code.
Annex material provides informative material on the mechanism of fire growth in aerosol containers, determining the classification level of aerosol products, flammability labeling, and loss experience. The Standard also includes a sample ordinance using NFPA 30B.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover