NFPA 408: Standard for Aircraft Hand Portable Fire Extinguishers 2017 ed.
Featuring new support for water solution-type hand fire extinguishers in accordance with Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) TSO-C19, "Portable Water Solution-type Hand Fire Extinguishers," NFPA 408: Standard for Aircraft Hand Portable Fire Extinguishers
specifies requirements for the type and size of portable fire extinguishers for all types of aircraft. It also provides requirements for training flight crew members on extinguisher use in the event of a fire onboard an aircraft.
Chapters in the Standard address:
- Types and capacities of aircraft fire extinguishers
- Distribution of extinguishers on aircraft
- Inspections, maintenance, and hydrostatic testing of aircraft fire extinguishers
- Flight crew training on the basics of fire extinguishment, including wearing of Personal Breathing Equipment (PBE) and Self-Contained Breathing Apparatus (SCBA)
- Rules for, and explanations of, halocarbons and their use and efficacy
The 2017 edition of NFPA 408 also incorporates updated references and definitions.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover