The 2018 edition NFPA 54 Handbook
explains the "hows" and "whys" behind fuel gas safety compliance, so you are prepared to implement the latest Code.
Fully updated and featuring a wealth of color visuals, NFPA's 2018 edition National Fuel Gas Code Handbook explains technical NFPA 54 requirements and fuel gas safety concepts -- so you can confidently answer questions from employees and owners, and verify that fuel gas piping, appliance, and venting jobs are in compliance. It's an essential tool for engineers, contractors, and consultants who need to ensure fuel gas jobs are done right the first time.This edition's handbook contributors are comprised of fuel gas safety experts.
Expert commentary from recognized authorities in the field gives you the background, rationale, and practical tips you need for error-free design, installation, and inspection.
The NFPA 54 Handbook combines Code rules with color visuals, updated commentary, new FAQs, and more! You'll save time with:
- The complete 2018 edition NFPA 54/ANSI Z223.1: National Fuel Gas Code text for convenient reference
- Shading and icons within the Code text, alerting you to changes to the 2018 edition of the Code
- Commentary that helps you avoid errors and oversights -- including new commentary pertaining to arc-resistant jacketed or coated corrugated stainless steel tubing (CSST), changes to Schedule 10 piping and press-connect fitting allowances, and inspection of existing appliances when the building envelope has been modified
- More than 200 visuals including color photos, graphics, and charts
- Updated FAQs based on questions from the field that highlight vital aspects of gas safety you can't afford to overlook
- A new National Fuel Gas Code 'At a Glance' feature, outlining where to find pertinent Piping Design and Appliance sections and tables in the Handbook
- A supplement that summarizes research on CSST bonding related to lightning-related damage to fuel gas piping systems.
- Other supplements including Fuel Gas Odorization and Procedure to Estimate Infiltration Rate for Residential Structures
- Summary of Technical Changes from the 2015 to the 2018 edition of NFPA 54
- Calculation Worksheets, including blank versions that users can reproduce and use
Get the hands-on backup needed to complete jobs correctly and improve productivity.
Published by NFPA, the Code source, the 2018 edition National Fuel Gas Code Handbook is a time-saving NFPA 54 companion for engineers, contractors, consultants, AHJs, designers, and architects.