NFPA 59: Utility LP-Gas Plant Code 2018 ed.
Prevent fires and explosions. Work with up-to-date safety rules for LP-Gas utility gas plants in the 2018 edition of NFPA 59.
Used in conjunction with DOT regulations to construct and maintain LPG plants serving 10 or more customers or used to supply LP-Gas-Air mixtures to utility distribution systems, NFPA 59: Utility LP-Gas Plant Code applies to the design, construction, location, installation, operation, and maintenance of refrigerated and non-refrigerated liquefied petroleum gas utility gas plants. Coverage of liquefied petroleum gas systems at utility gas plants extends to the point where LP-Gas or a mixture of LP-Gas and air is introduced into the utility distribution system.
The 2018 edition of NFPA 59 includes a new statement of purpose, along with changes including:
- Updated extracts to other codes and standards
- New and clarified definitions
- Removal of coverage for vehicular fuel operations because it is out of scope
- Chapter 6, the refrigerated container chapter, updated to reflect current industry practices and external standard development. Instead of protecting only outside piping from physical damage and corrosion, all piping must now be protected; and it is no longer appropriate to utilize operating malfunctions to detect leaks.
- Installation of corrosion protection moved from Chapter 12 to Chapter 4
- New piping cover requirements in Chapter 7
- The National Board Inspection Code is now used to determine whether or not containers taken out of service for a year can be placed back into service.
Designers, facility owners/operators, and enforcers need the latest NFPA 59 to ensure compliance with 49 CFR Part 192. Update now and stay up-to-code.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover