International Building Code 2015 edition
Reference the latest requirements for the design and installation of building systems in the ICC's 2015 International Building Code®.
The 2015 International Building Code (IBC®) from the International Code Council (ICC) covers all buildings except detached one- and two-family dwellings and townhouses up to three stories in height. This one-stop resource includes time-tested safety concepts and requirements on the full range of building system topics. It provides the latest industry standards for structural, fire, and life safety surrounding means of egress, interior finish, roof provisions, seismic engineering innovative construction technology, occupancy classifications, and state-of-the-art material design.
Important changes in the 2015 edition of the IBC include:
- An automatic sprinkler system is required within a building when the roof is used for A-2 assembly occupancy with an occupant load exceeding 100 or for other assembly uses exceeding 300.
- Carbon monoxide alarm provisions have been relocated, reformatted, and revised.
- More detailed scoping requirements for recreational facilities are included within the new Section 1110.
- A modification allows egress through an elevator lobby when access to at least one exit is available without passing through the lobby.
- A new definition for Cross-Laminated Timber (CLT) was added to Chapter 2, and the ANSI/APA PRG 320-2011 product manufacturing standard is referenced in Chapter 23 and added to Chapter 35.
- New code sections were added covering rooftop mounted photovoltaic solar panels.
- "Vegetative roof" is defined in Section 202 to be consistent with the definition in the IgCC and ASTM D1079. A reference to ASTM E 2397 was added for determining soil loads on vegetative roofs.
Order today to keep pace with today's regulations involving the design and installation of building systems.
8 1/2" x 11", softcover