Emergency Responder: Advanced First Aid for Non-EMS Personnel is not just another first-aid book. Designed for working professionals, this flexible program blends textbook with online modules and instructor-led hands-on training events.
Drawing from years of experience training and developing emergency response teams, the author covers the most important skills needed in order to effectively respond to life-threatening events. Establishing a foundation in the basic concepts of emergency medical care, the text presents in a logical, easy-to-follow format many of the most common illnesses and injuries responders are likely to encounter.
Emergency Responder: Advanced First Aid for Non-EMS Personnel is an important component of a complete training program for responders who are trained to provide first aid before EMS personnel arrive.
Regardless of the responder's primary occupations - law enforcement officer, firefighter, life guard, corrections officer, corporate response team member, security officer, park ranger, or other - this program is designed to provide users with the kowledge and skills necessary to take them beyond basic first aid training so they can provide the best care possible.
Each chapter in Emergency Responder begins–with the same four elements.
- Comprehensive Learning Objectives provide a solid foundation for the concepts and skills you are expected to learn and perform.
- A list of Key Terms introduce new vocabulary essential to your overall understanding of the content. - An Introduction sets the stage for the instructional narrative that follows.
- The Emergency features scenarios that place you at the scene of a realistic emergency and ask what you might feel, think, say, and do as you apply your new found knowledge.
Each chapter ends–with a comprehensive review of concepts and skills.
- Each chapter concludes with a The Hand-Off feature which brings closure to the opening scenario, The Emergency, in a way that applies all you’ve learned in the chapter.
- Chapter Review, a concise review of the chapter’s key points, and a Quick Quiz, which offers multiple-choice questions that help test key concepts and information covered.
Helpful study aids are offered–within the chapter as well.
- Quick Checks intersperse open-ended questions throughout the text. The Quick Check will help you stop, think, and apply the information you’ve just read.
- Learning Objectives right beside the corresponding sections of the chapter, and Key Terms and definitions are placed where each one is first introduced and discussed.
- An Instructor’s Resource CD contains tools to customize a training program specifically for your needs. - Students can access online course material as an adjunct to textbook learning.