Essentials of Fire Fighting, 7th Edition eBook
This product is the eBook version of the print textbook: Essentials of Fire Fighting, 7th Edition.
This ALL NEW edition meets ALL of the NFPA 1001, 2019 JPRs. Essentials 7 is the complete source for firefighter recruit and refresher training.
- Organized to meet the needs of students and instructors:
- Chapters 1-15 Fire Fighter I
- Chapters 16-22 Fire Fighter II
- Chapter 23 Emergency First Aid (FFI JPRs)
- Chapters 24-26 Hazardous Materials Awareness and Operations (FFI JPRs)
- Chapter 27 NIMS-ICS (FF I, FF II, and Hazmat JPRs)
- IFSTA worked with the UL Firefighter Safety Research Institute (UL-FSRI) to incorporate the latest research on fire behavior and fire attack. This research is throughout the text. Essentials 7uses text, photos, illustrations, key terms and plain language for greater comprehension of this new content.
- Hazardous Materials content is enhanced and meets Awareness and Operations of NFPA 1072, 2017 JPRs.
- The NEW IFSTA ONE COLUMN format means more photos, more illustrations, and more tables. More visuals enhance the student learning experience.
- The Essentials 7th Edition App – a student companion app is FREE to download. Stream all 173 skills videos FREE. Practice tool identification FREE. Sample the Essentials 7 Interactive Course and Exam Prep.
- A complete line of support products for students and instructors include the Curriculum, Workbook, Exam Prep, Interactive Course, Skills Videos, and eBook.
The new Fire Dynamics research from UL-FSRI is the basis for extensive changes in the Fire Dynamics and Ventilation chapters. These chapters tackle the complexities of fire behavior that new knowledge provides. The information is applied to structure fires and to the effects of fire on buildings. Applying this new science to fire attack means understanding fuel, the stages of fire, the critical need to control the sources of oxygen, and the value of cooling a fire before making entry into a structure.
IFSTA eBooks include features to enhance learning:
- Downloadable for use while offline.
- Fully searchable text.
- Accessible from up to 2 computers and 2 mobile devices.
- Bookmarked Table of Contents allows quick access to the content.
- Print-fidelity ensures compatibility with the print version, and student support products.
- Notes, highlights, and bookmarks are stored in the cloud for access on multiple devices.
- Copy and print up to 20% of an IFSTA eBook.
Compatibility: Visit http://support.vitalsource.com to check compatibility with your device.
An activation code will be emailed to you within 1 business day. Once your activation code has been consumed the eBook cannot be returned for a refund.
Once your activation code has been consumed the eBook cannot be returned for a refund.