Fire Service Personnel Management, 3/e
Steven T. Edwards
Unique in focus and content, Fire Service Personnel Management is written with basic public personnel management concepts and incorporates fire service applications and examples throughout, while serving as both a successful text in the classroom and as a top-notch resource for promotional officer candidates preparing for exams.
Reflecting the author's extensive experience as a fire chief of a large fire department and a state fire training director, it features insights, discussions, and real-world examples that fire service personnel will recognize and relate to instantly.
Updated topics include: fire service personnel development, professional qualifications, recruitment, and diversity issues. A must-have for any practicing or prospective fire service personnel manager!
Please Note: This text is being reprinted and is expected back in stock toward the end of August 2018
- New section on fire service personnel development along with professional qualifications at the end of each chapter
- Expanded section on managing diversity in the fire service •Information on distance education and other training techniques
- More information on how to handle workforce issues, training and development, and performance appraisals
- Fire department health and safety covered in detail
- Case studies at the end of each chapter to reinforce learning and discussion
- Electronic reference sites for further information
- Focus on the management of increasing diversity and personnel issues of the 21st century
- Personnel management is explored as it relates directly to fire department operations with relevant examples
- More legal analysis involving sexual harassment, ADA, and other complex issues
SpecificationsBrady / Pearson Education, 2010
8" x 10 1/2" hardcover