Human Challenge, 7th edition
Mary L. Tucker, Anne M. McCarthy, Douglas A. Benton
Using a hands-on approach, this text provides students with the needed skills in human relations that are becoming increasingly important for career success. It emphasizes the person in the organization and the interactions between managers and other employees.
Students will like this text for its conversational style while instructors will appreciate the experiential exercises that reinforce course theory for student-centered learning.
- Provides students with coverage of the most current issues;
- Helps students better understand workplace behaviors and their own reaction;
- Expanded coverage of important topics - Leadership, conflict management, technology and ethics - Reflects the growing importance of these issues in the workplace;
- Companion Website - Provides an on-line supplement to the text;
- Experiential exercises - reinforces course theory and emphasizes student-centered learning in real-world examples;
- Case studies in each chapter - Integrates real life situations that demonstrate to students how important issues are played out in the workplace;
- Action projects in each chapter - Gives students the opportunity to practice the techniques they just learned.
SpecificationsPearson Education, 2002
8" x10" hardcover
351 pages, B&W photos & illustrations