International Trauma Life Support 7/e
Reg. Price $74.67 You Save $7.17
John Campbell, MD, FACEP
For more than 30 years, International Trauma Life Support has been at the forefront of trauma education at all levels of emergency care worldwide. This practical, hands-on training offers a complete reference covering all skills necessary for rapid assessment, resuscitation, stabilization, and transportation of the trauma patient.
Updated with new photos and the latest approaches to the care of the trauma patient, this seventh edition conforms to the most recent AHA/ILCOR guidelines for artificial ventilation and CPR.
- Conforms to the newest AHA/ILCOR guidelines for emergency cardiac care.
- Updated and refined to reflect the latest and most effective approaches to the care of the trauma patient.
- The discussion of hemorrhagic shock has been updated with the experience of the military during the recent conflicts.
- Recent studies on chest wall thickness and the current controversy over which site to use to decompress a tension pneumothorax are discussed.
- Procedures have been added for use of a tourniquet and use of hemostatic agents.
- Insertion of an IO needle by use of the EZ-IO system has been added.
- A discussion of blast injuries has been added.
- The latest recommendations for post-exposure prophylaxis have been updated.
- Personal watercraft injuries has been updated and expanded.
- Other general changes include: The addition of Key Terms.
- New case presentations for all chapters.
- Updated Bibliographies.
- Many of the illustrations have new photos or have been redrawn for a more up-to-date look.
- New Resource Central solution on www.bradybooks.com for interactive learning exercises on topics discussed. Students will find quizzes, additional web links, games, videos, and more to supplement classroom learning. Through Resource Central, this text also offers instructors a full complement of online supplemental teaching materials such as test banks and PowerPoint lectures to aid in the classroom.
- Throughout the text, hands-on exercises:
- Help learners practice their knowledge and skills on simulated patients.
- By the end of the course, learners should feel confident in their ability to provide rapid lifesaving trauma care.
- This proven training book has been at the forefront of trauma education at all levels of pre-hospital emergency care worldwide for more than 30 years.
SpecificationsPearson Education / Brady, 2012
8" x 11" softcover
435 pages, color photos & illustrations