Marine Fire Fighting for Land-Based Firefighters 2/e
This manual prepares firefighters and emergency responders in meeting Marine Fire Fighter I and Marine Fire Fighter II training and certifications requirements of NFPA 1005, Standard for Professional Qualifications for Marine Fire Fighting for Land-Based Fire Fighters, 2007 edition.
The second edition features the single-column layout with many new photos and examples.
This textbook gives assistance to fire service personnel with the training, knowledge, technical information, and reference materials necessary for the safe and effective management of marine fire incidents.
It describes the roles and responsibilities of the vesselís crew, emergency responders, and other agencies and describes the concept and implementation of a unified command structure within an incident management system. The book describes common situations encountered in vessel fire situations for vessels of all sizes.
New material covered:
- Expanded instructional features
- New emphasis on small vessels
- Small-boat construction types
- Recognizing hazards of vessels in dry dock
- Table on guidelines for using fixed fire-suppression systems in closed spaces
- Fire-suppression systems for marinas
- Marine and facility plans and response
8 1/2" x 11" softcover
628 pages, color photos & illustrations