Police Officer Exam 10/e
Donald Schroeder, Ph.D., Frank Lombardo, M.S., NYPD Ret.
This updated manual presents information, practice tests, and strategies for the different question types used by police departments throughout the country. It includes:
- Four full-length practice exams with all questions answered and explained
- Two official exams given by a large metropolitan police department
- Streamlining of chapters to more closely reflect the latest question types currently in use
- General strategies for dealing with multiple-choice questions and specific strategies for taking computer-based multiple-choice tests, as well as for taking the traditional paper/pencil multiple-choice exam
- All important time management strategies
- New reading comprehension question types, plus strategies for answering these questions
An additional diagnostic exam presents questions like those that have appeared on recent entry-level exams used by police departments across the country. Also included are test-taking tips for all question types, suggested rules for effective study, and a detailed description of a police officer’s duties. Updated chapters take into account the recent trend by police departments to rely on oral interviews and computerized testing when selecting police officers.
8 1/2" x 11" softcover