Progressive Police Supervision
Reg. Price $21.95 You Save $6.00
In this in-depth, easy to understand book, author Jody Kasper taps her own experience as a police supervisor, as well as the experiences of agencies across the county to bring you:
- Strategies for avoiding and resolving PR issues and tips for maintaining a positive agency image.
- Compelling insights into the on-going evolution of law enforcement: Where it's been, where it's going and why.
- Expert direction for putting the concept of "Total Quality Management" into practice at your agency.
- Practical advice for understanding and working with a new generation of law enforcement personnel. *Guidance on developing, refining, and staying loyal to your agency mission statement.
- Step-by-step instructions for getting your agency accredited.
Plus, you'll benefit from actual case studies of actual agencies that successfully use the techniques you're learning in this book.
About the Author:
Jody Kasper is a Patrol Sergeant with the Northampton, Massachusetts Police Department. Outside of her work with NPD she is an adjunct professor at Elms College where she teaches classes in Violence, Criminal Justice and Forensic Psychology. She is also an instructor for the Municipal Police Training Committee. She has written articles for Law and Order Magazine, Police Recruit and The Police Chief.
Sgt. Kasper has a dual Bachelor's degree in Criminal Justice and in Psychology. She also has Master's degrees in Criminal Justice and Public Administration.