Structural Firefighting: Truck Company Skills and Tactics 2nd
Structural Fire Fighting: Truck Company Skills and Tactics 2nd Edition is designed to be a resource for those who engage in “truck work” on the fireground.
Building on concepts introduced in the Essentials of Fire Fighting, this manual provides more detailed information on topics like forcible entry, fireground search and rescue, horizontal and vertical ventilation, rapid intervention, loss control, and many other responsibilities traditionally assigned to truck companies.
Each chapter begins with Safety Points that highlight specific safety reminders for tasks addressed in the chapter. In addition, a scenario at the end of each chapter encourages the reader to apply concepts that have been learned.
Chapters included in this manual include the following:
* Chapter 1 Introduction to Truck Company Operations
* Chapter 2 Enhanced Fire Behavior
* Chapter 3 Firefighter Safety and Survival
* Chapter 4 Loss Control
* Chapter 5 Ground Ladders
* Chapter 6 Size-Up for Truck Company Operations
* Chapter 7 Controlling Utilities and Building Systems
* Chapter 8 Access to Structures
* Chapter 9 Access into Structures
* Chapter 10 Fireground Search and Rescue
* Chapter 11 Ventilation Size-Up
* Chapter 12 Horizontal Ventilation
* Chapter 13 Vertical Ventilation
* Chapter 14 Special Ventilation Operations
8 1/2" x 11" softcover
475 pages, color photos & illustrations