Revised & Expanded
Firefighters, park rangers, search and rescue squad members, EMS administrators, and anyone whose public safety duties include river, flood or swiftwater rescues will find this densely illustrated, fact-filled book to be of tremendous value.
Written by Slim Ray, one of the most respected names in kayaking and river rescue, it is written to save lives - yours and your teammates as well as those of the people you rescue.
Swiftwater rescue is one of the most dangerous types of technical rescue - this book shows you how to stay alive and succeed.
- Swiftwater hydrology
- What special equipment you need for swiftwater rescue, including individual and team gear and personal protective equipment
- Rigging for river rescue, including basics like haul systems and anchors as well as advanced techniques like high lines and tethered boat lowers
- Shore-based rescues
- Boat-based and in-water rescues
- How to use helicopters for swiftwater rescues, including employment considerations, short hauls, hoist operations and rescue swimmers
- How to deal with special situations like flood channel rescues, cars in the water, and foot and body entrapments
- Swiftwater incident command
- Medical considerations for river and flood rescue
- much, much more!
SpecificationsCFS Press, 2013
8 1/2" x 11" softcover