Traffic Enforcement & Crash Investigation
The first of its kind, this book presents comprehensive traffic related material that new police officers need to know.
From the history of traffic laws to future trends, it helps officers understand the basic elements of traffic enforcement and crash investigation.
Beyond just a traffic law manual, it includes social and ethical issues and hot topics such as dealing with official misconduct, quotas, tolerances and officer discretion.
Its strong coverage of DUIs and up-to-date guidelines help prepare officers for one of their primary responsibilities: traffic enforcement, DUI enforcement and crash related investigations.
* First book of its kind–presents comprehensive traffic related material that new police officers need to know.
- Addresses one of a police officer’s primary responsibilities: traffic enforcement, DUI enforcement and crash related investigations.
* An integrated view–considers the perspective of the traffic officer, the motorist, and the substantive and procedural law, etc.
- Shows the dynamic interactions between traffic violators and police officers and presents the safety and risk issues that are present during traffic stops.
* Strong coverage of DUI investigation and enforcement–see Section II.
- Covers all aspects of this hot topic from its historical background to courtroom preparation and presentation.
* Coverage of social and ethical issues–moves the book beyond just a recap of local traffic laws and academy manuals.
- Includes ethical issues such as: dealing with official misconduct, quotas, tolerances and the exercise of officer discretion.
* Includes the following study aids in each chapter:
- Key Terms
- Chapter Objectives
- Chapter Summary
- Discussion Questions
- Focus Boxes
SpecificationsPearson Education, 2011
8" x 10 1/4" softcover