Robert P. Benedetti, C.S.P., P.E., FSFPE, and Janna E. Shapiro
Work with real-world advice and expertise on flammable and combustible liquids safety in the 2018 edition of the Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code Handbook built around NFPA 30 and NFPA 30A.
Incidents involving flammable and combustible liquids can have devastating consequences. That's why compliance with NFPA 30 and NFPA 30A is an essential part of any fire safety plan. Gain a clear understanding of the hows and whys behind the rules in the 2018 edition NFPA 30 and NFPA 30A: Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code Handbook. This exclusive source pairs answers with the latest and most complete criteria you need to protect your facility.
The Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code Handbook covers critical points and provides answers and solutions you need on the job. It's the only resource with:
- The full text of the 2018 editions of NFPA 30: Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code and NFPA 30A: Code for Motor Fuel Dispensing Facilities and Repair Garages
- Exclusive commentary, printed in color, covering the NFPA 30 and NFPA 30A provisions for storage of liquids; automatic fire protection; processing facilities; dispensing, handling, transfer, and use of liquids; and motor fuel dispensing, repair garages, and on-demand mobile fueling
- Explanations that include coverage of new technology; the history and rationale behind requirements; and tips that help designers, engineers, installers, and inspectors do their part to protect people, equipment, and installations
- 200+ visuals including full-color photographs that help you visualize concepts, so you're ready to implement and enforce requirements
- First-time commentary on revisions in the Codes, including the addition of the latest definitions used in the field; the completely revised requirements in NFPA 30 for General Purpose Warehouses to only allow specific liquid/container combinations to be stored in such facilities; the revised maximum allowable quantities in NFPA 30 for incidental operations; and a completely new chapter for on-demand mobile fueling in NFPA 30A
- A supplement detailing technical changes from the 2015 edition to the 2018 edition of both NFPA 30 and NFPA 30A; you'll know what's new and why
- A supplement with key points in an NFPA® Fire Analysis Report on fires involving flammable gas or flammable or combustible liquids
- Other supplements that expand your expertise in key areas -- such as maintaining safety for fuel storage tanks inside buildings, electrical equipment in hazardous areas, electrostatics, and more
- FAQs from your peers focus on common problems and key areas of concern
Reduce risks around hazardous liquids and improve facility safety with the new Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code Handbook.
Engineers, contractors, consultants, facility safety directors, and enforcement officials; anyone responsible for ensuring safety around flammable and combustible liquids needs this updated, full-color edition of the Flammable and Combustible Liquids Code Handbook.