Breathing Apparatus discusses the different types of breathing apparatus and the components of each, as well as safety features, capabilities and limitations. The operation of the equipment, proper techniques for its use, inspection procedures and emergency operations are demonstrated. Factors which make specific equipment appropriate or inappropriate for particular tasks are explained.
This six-hour course will help meet the training requirements of OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120, Standard for Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response; OSHA 29 CFR 1910.134, Standard for Respiratory Protection; as well as ANSI and NFPA training requirements.
Topics covered include:
- Donning and doffing the various types of breathing apparatus
- Cylinder change-out and recharging
- Fit testing
- Open circuit versus closed circuit SCBA
- The importance of physical conditioning
- Maintenance of equipment
- Special problems of hazmat incidents
- Actual demonstrations of how components fit together and operate
The program also includes a 60-page Leaders Guide which outlines a comprehensive six-hour training program in the selection, use and care of breathing apparatus. Objectives of the program, field and classroom exercises, and pre- and post-tests are included, as well as a copy of the script for the Leaders' reference.
SpecificationsEmergency Film Group, 2016