HazMat / WMD Self Protection for Firefighters
This firefighter training video studies the use of personal protective clothing and personal protective equipment, including respiratory protection and chemical protective clothing. It is designed for firefighters and hazmat team members.
Topics covered include:
- Why protective equipment is necessary
- Features and limitations of different types of respiratory protection
- Respiratory protection used for WMD incidents
- EPA levels of protective ensembles
- Standards for chemical protective clothing
- Donning and doffing PPE
- Inspecting and storing PPE
- Medical considerations when using PPE
- Avoiding heat stress
Package includes DVD plus CD Rom with Instructor's Resources: 4 short Power Point presentations ideal for roll call training, Post Seminar quiz, and pertinent documents in .pdf format.
SpecificationsEmergency Film Group, 2007
28 minutes, fully narrated