Introduction to Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response, 1st ed.
FPP, Dr. Lori Moore-Merrill, John B. Delaney, Jr., and Michael John Marino
This first edition of Fire Protection Publications' Introduction to Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response defines how to establish an ASHER training program on the local level, how to conduct threat assessment of your community, how to coordinate response with other responders and how to recover from an ASHE. Ours is the only fire service training manual available on this topic.
The manual addresses NFPA 3000™, Standard for an Active Shooter/Hostile Event Response (ASHER) Program.
- Chapter 1 – The Evolving Fire Service
- Chapter 2 – Active Shooter/Hostile Event Overview (Data)
- Chapter 3 – Community Risk Assessment/Threat Assessment
- Chapter 4 – Training Concepts and Models/Ballistic Protection Training
- Chapter 5 – Tactical Emergency Casualty Care (TECC)
- Chapter 6 – Operational Response Models and Ballistic Protection
- Chapter 7 – Command Considerations
- Chapter 8 – Integrated Response and Law Enforcement Considerations
- Chapter 9 – Behavioral Health and Recovery Phase
- Appendix A – Remembrance
- Appendix B - Community Risk Assessment/Threat Assessment Checklist
8 1/2" x 11" softcover
202 pages, color and B&W photos and illustrations