Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals, 4th ed.
Pediatric Education for Prehospital Professionals (PEPP), Fourth Edition is an evidence-based resource of essential medical content for the assessment and management of infants and children in the field. This respected and ground-breaking program paired physicians and EMS providers together to ensure the content reflects current best practices and the realities of the field. Developed by the American Academy of Pediatrics, PEPP is designed to give prehospital professionals the knowledge, skills, and confidence they need to effectively assess and manage pediatric patients.
PEPP combines world-class content with engaging features and an interactive course to truly prepare prehospital professionals to care for pediatric patients.
The Fourth Edition Includes:
- A new chapter on Behavioral Emergencies
- A top-flight EMS author team working with AAP physician reviewers to ensure exceptional medical content with a focus on how it is applied in the “streets”
- New procedures on tourniquet application and intranasal medication administration
- The Pediatric Assessment Triangle (PAT) represents the essence of the PEPP patient assessment method, which includes assessing appearance, work of breathing, and circulation to the skin.
- The Patient Assessment Flowchart provides students with an easy-to-understand reference of the pediatric patient assessment process.
- Case Studies provide an opportunity for students to apply the foundational knowledge presented in the chapter and strengthen their critical-thinking skills.
- Procedures provide step-by-step explanations and visual summaries of vital BLS and ALS pediatric care skills.
SpecificationsJones & Bartlett Learning, 2021
8 1/2" x 11" softcover