Facing the Promotional Interview
In this all-encompassing brand new book, veteran fire chief and best selling author John Mittendorf explains the subtle requirements of the promotional interview process.
This book is designed to help fire fighters avoid the common pitfalls of poor interviews by teaching them:
- How to develop a balanced study program Why the first 60 seconds of an interview are critical, and what you can do to make a good impression
- How to relate your qualifications to the position sought
- What to expect in the opening, body, and closing questions of an interview
- Typical opening questions
- How to define and prepare an opening response for the positions of engineer, sergeant, lieutenant, captain, and battalion chief
This book also includes an audio CD featuring the author detailing proper and improper interview techniques.
Contents: Priorities before the interview; Anatomy of an interview; Opening impressions; Preparing a response to the opening question; General questions; Closing the interview; Preparing for a fire department entrance interview.
Specifications Fire Engineering, 2003
8 1/2" x 11" softcover