The Fire Chief's Toolbox
Chief Ron Graner (Ret.)
This is not another book about how to put the wet stuff on the red stuff. The Fire Chief’s Toolbox presents a clear view of the personal and professional issues affecting a new fire chief and offers tools to address the issues successfully.
The Fire Chief’s Toolbox will provide readers with:
- Realistic insight into the knowledge, skills and abilities that every fire chief must have to succeed Guidelines for long-term career preparation;
- An understanding of the job search and selection process;
- A fundamental plan for assuming command;
- An understanding of the importance of the chief’s role as a politician, educator, salesperson and marketer to assure career success Guidance for spouses and families of those who seek to become The Chief;
- A reminder that the primary job of every fire chief is the safety of his or her personnel.
As a future or current chief of any fire department, you will:
- Benefit from the practical, straightforward and common sense advice;
- Discover the thought processes needed to meet the challenges that face every chief;
- Learn the 27 knowledge, skills, and abilities (KSA’s) spanning the 3 dimensions of leadership, management and emergency scene operations;
- Gain insight that will help your family cope with the stresses your job as fire chief will bring to their lives.
6" x 9", 305 pages, hardcover, ISBN: 978-1-59370-104-8
SpecificationsFire Engineering, 2007
6" x 9" hardcover