Building Construction & Facade Collapse
This video is Part 4 of the "Strategy of Firefighting" series. It is presented by Vincent Dunn, former division commander of FDNY's Midtown Command (3rd Division).
The series is based on Chief Dunn's books "Strategy of Firefighting" and "Command and Control of Fires and Emergencies".
- Facade is defined as the front wall of a building
- Collapse dangers of parapet wall, movie marquee, canopies, and cornice overhangs
- Case studies of New York, Chicago, Pennsylvania, and Los Angeles facade collapse
- Wall stability and wall destruction evaluated
- Wall collapse causes examined
- Types of beams cantilever,simple and complex shown
- How to prevent front wall collapse of a parapet, marquee, canopy and cornice
SpecificationsVincent Dunn, Deputy Chief FDNY (retired), 2001
24 minutes, fully narrated