Radiation Monitoring trains emergency personnel in mission specific Operations Level competencies regarding monitoring for radiation at WMD events as well as natural disasters and industrial accidents.
It is designed for emergency personnel, including law enforcement, hazmat teams, firefighters, emergency management and others who might become involved in monitoring for radiation.
Features of this program:
- Follows the guidelines of ASTM-2601, Standard Practice for Radiological Emergency Response
- Examines incidents resulting from accidents and natural disasters as well as terrorism
- Portrays emergency personnel using radiation detectors and interpreting results
- Studies the selection and use of personal protective equipment
- Covers Improvised Nuclear Devices, Radiological Dispersion Devices and Radiological Exposure Devices
Also includes is an Instructor's Guide CD that examines the Inverse Square Rule and also includes other resources to help present a training seminar.
The Technical Committee involved in producing this DVD: Armando Bevelacqua, Chris Hawley, Tony Mussorfiti, Greg Noll and Cheryl Weaver.
SpecificationsEmergency Film Group, 2011
30 minutes, fully narrated