FDNY: The Battle Continues, vol. 6
In total 12 fires are shown, all occurring in 2002. They range from working fires, to multiple alarms.
- March 16, 2002, Queens, Hollis section, 2nd alarm, Box 22-5332, 188th Street & 91st Avenue. Fire started in the offices of a school - a heavy smoke condition existed throughout the school and church.
- April 21, 2002, Queens, East Elmhurst section, 2nd alarm, Box 22-7833, 82nd Street & 32nd Avenue. Fire started in the basement of a 2 story brick occupied semi attached private dwelling.
- April 23, 2002, Queens, Flushing section, all hands, Box 75-4319, Leavitt street & 32nd Avenue. Fire was in a 3 story private dwelling used to store large amounts of junk. This was the second major fire in this building.
- April 29, 2002, Brooklyn, Bedford-Stuyvesant section, all hands, Box 75-675, Hart & Tompkins streets. Explosion and partial collapse in this 2 story vacant dwelling. Due to the instability of the building firefighters utilized an exterior operation.
- May 22, 2002, Brooklyn, Greenwood Heights section, 2nd alarm, Box 22-1512, 10th Avenue & 18th Street. Fire in a 3 story occupied multiple dwelling.
- June 9, 2002, Bronx, Melrose section, all hands, Box 2310, 158th Street & Melrose avenue. Fire in a 2 story vacant private dwelling
- June 19, 2002, Queens, Bay Terrace section, 2nd alarm, Bx 22-7644, 18th Avenue & Cpl. Kennedy street. Fire in a 2 story garden apartment began on the first floor and extended to the 2nd floor, cockloft and eventually through the roof.
- June 27, 2002, Brooklyn, Farragut section, 2nd alarm, Box 22-2439, Nostrand Avenue & Avenue D. Fire was in a 3 story wood frame commercial building with steel plates on the roof and in a 1 story set back. The front and exposure 4 side windows were covered with plywood and tin signs.
- July 16, 2002, Queens, Jamaica section, all hands, Box 75-4783, 164th Street & Jamaica avenue. Arriving firefighters were met with fire venting out of 3 windows of this occupied multi dwelling.
- August 8, 2002, Brooklyn, Bensonhurst section, 3rd alarm, Box 33-2874, 19th Avenue & 83rd st. Fire began on the top floor of this 100 x 100 occupied multi dwelling and spread thru the clay tile roof.
- August 14, 2002, Queens, Astoria section, all hands, Box 75-7508, 14th street & 28th avenue. Fire started in machinery in a 2 story commercial laundry.
- September 24, 2002, Bronx, The Hub section, 4th alarm, Box 44-2251, 153rd Street & 3rd avenue. Fire began in the basement of a Duane Reade drug store and quickly spread through out the original 1 story commercial building to exposures.
SpecificationsFire Line Video Productions, 2003
77 minutes, narrated